Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Dreadless Malinja

I just got back from a trip to the capitol of Montana where I spent the weekend with some amazing people. After a short car ride I arrived in Helena with a few of the aforesaid amazing people, and ate a delicious lunch consisting of a euro and a huge Dr. Pepper at a place called "Coney Island". While there, I heard the most high pitch scream since the decibel was invented. A little girl apparently wanted to go on a ride and was told "No, Sweetheart". So that was my first adventure.
This was followed by a joyous reunion with the rest of the "amazings" known as the Berg family. There were grins, hugs, laughter, presents, and more hugs. Five of us went on a walk and we skipped about, took pictures of a Buddha bobble head in a car and anything else we felt like pointing the camera at. A few of us then went to the Theater to see "Kung Fu Panda 2", I highly recommend it. It was beyond phenomenal. We went straight for the theater to church where i met a few people and
got to worship the God i love with people who love him every bit as much as me.




Then it was time for my second adventure..

I have had dreadlocks for two years and decided it was time to cut them off, not because i didn't like them but because I was ready for something new, AKA short hair. We made quick work of my dreads, cutting them with razor blades and piling all 50 of them in a box. My friends then saturated my hair with conditioner and proceeded to pick and comb out what was left of my hair, in the end I had 4 inches and a headache, but it was worth it! I will not have all that fur around my neck this summer! Yay me!



Then it was off to bed; one of my chica friends decided to be my bed fellow, which i didn't mind until in the middle of the night when i woke up rather groggily, forgetting where i was, and stretched... and felt a foot. I only screamed on the inside, when i realized it was just my pal Millie I grew calm again and fell back to sleep.

To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: dreads93's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones