Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Dreadless Malinja continuation..

The next day we got up early, geared up, and headed out to injure one another for four hours playing paint-ball. This was my second time playing so being a bit wet behind the ears i teamed up with the two "experts" for the first couple rounds to get some basic training. The idea is run, doge, hide, and wipe out everyone on the other team.

Some peoples methods of doing this was different from others. Some preferred to stay in one spot and peg people from a distance, others liked to go bonzi and run really close to their victim before annihilating them. Once i developed my own style it was to keep out of sight sneaking as close to a persons hiding place as i could and freaking them out with my rather loud gun. It worked pretty well! I enjoyed seeing them almost fall over in their scramble to retreat even more than shooting them. It was GREAT! And I now have a new nickname to add to my already long list of aliases, "Malinja".

The only down side to the morning was getting a blister the size of a nickle rubbed on, then off, the back of my heel. It still has a scab and split open several times a day for about a week before it stopped.


Then we headed to Pizza hut for a lunch of champions. While there Mr. Berg decided to joke with his wife, who was at home, and sent her a text saying "We're doing good, the ER doctor is really nice." I asked him if she might be taken in by it and go to the ER, he didn't think so. When we got back to the house she wasn't there but she pulled up soon after we got there and informed us that she HAD been to the ER and was rather upset, so she and Mr. Berg had a chat while the rest of us had a hard time keeping huge half guilty-half mischievous grins off our faces. I have always been terrible at keeping a straight face. My poker technique is to grin madly the entire time.

After that I started making dinner, I LOVE cooking and had an old recipe for spinach casserole that had almost no measurement on it, so i had to wing it. I made a couple mistakes such as not realizing that when garlic flakes become re-hydrated they get rather large so you should chop them up first and add less than you normally would. Fortunately I had friends about that gave good advise as to what to do and it turned out great.

We then got to go play soccer for four hours! Soccer was a sport i had never played. I didn't know any rules beside don't touch the ball with your hands, which I later learned is pretty much the only rule anyway. I got to learn a new sport and meet lots of people i didn't know. Plus i managed to rip about every muscle in my legs so that i walked like I'd been in a saddle for 24 hours. But I'm in shape now! So it was good pain. Besides, pain is weakness leaving the body. Afterwards we headed to DQ to eat something bad for us to make up for whatever we had just lost. I had a freakishly good heath blizzard that zapped every bit of heat out of my body and left me chattering like a three year-old filled black coffee. We sat and told every pathetic yet funny kid joke that we could think of until DQ closed and then we headed back to the house.

I was super tired after all of this so i went straight to bed, though due to my habit of talking like I hit the jackpot of words I ended up talking with one of my pals for 2 hours before actually going to sleep.


I headed home at about 8:30 the next day to pack before heading back to WA. I hate saying goodbye to people I adore and this is a family i consider to be "my other family" so saying goodbye to them always makes me cry. I'm a bit teary right now thinking about them in all their epicness. I miss them bunches and hope to see them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: dreads93's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones